Reimagine Writing provides a research-based framework complete with comprehensive, standards-aligned resources, a year-long curriculum, and ongoing support for educators.
Together, these components form a solid foundation for young writers, nurturing the confidence and skills essential for them to thrive as capable, independent, and proficient writers.
Reimagine Writing revolutionizes writing instruction in Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms to cultivate independent, successful writers who are able to bridge the gap between reading, writing, and grammar.
How Reimagine Writing helps TEACHERS:
- Allows for student autonomy and independence with the process-first framework.
- Teachers no longer feel the frustration of feeling helpless when all of their writers are working at different places in the writing process.
- Unit plans are comprehensive and easy to implement.
- Grammar is built using syntactic awareness routines.
- Editing and revision skills actually transfer to real writing.
- Ongoing, live support is available in the form of the Reimagine Writing Resource Hub which is full of on-demand and live PD trainings.
How Reimagine Writing helps SCHOOLS:
- Systemic and comprehensive instruction that lays a solid foundation for K-1 students.
- Increased reading skills by focusing on syntactic awareness and the inverse relationship between reading and writing.
- Small group, ELL support, and SpED considerations are included to support subgroups.
- Unit-specific and overarching data collection to progress students toward mastery of skills.
- The framework can be integrated with any writing curriculum and requirements.
- Provides ongoing support for content area writing. Prepares primary students with solid organizational writing skills.
What’s inside Reimagine Writing:
Foundational Process-First Framework
This course provides a step-by-step framework to get students to write independently without relying on the teacher for support during each step of the writing process.
Continuing PD and Resource Library
Downloadable resources accompanied by video PD in the areas of:
- Mastering Writing Instruction
- Craft and Structure
- Grammar and Syntactic Awareness
- Motiving and Engaging Reluctant Writers
- Data-Driven Instruction + Consistent Feedback
Core Writing Units for the Year
- 20 Scripted lessons for rolling out the writing process
- 20 Checks for understanding for each lesson
- 2 Bonus lessons
- Unit rubric template
- Printables for writing
- Parent letters
- Digital writing tools
Syntactic Awareness Drills for the Year
Exposure to syntax via repetition gives children what some call a 'grammar ear. It's the ability to say if something does/ doesn't "sound right." Reimagine Writing Syntaxtic Awareness Drills are proven to be an effective way to teach grammar skills that actually transfer to student writing and also provide concrete strategies for revision.
Editing Drills for the Year
Reimagine Writing Editing Drills offer a daily chance to engage in multi-line editing practice. Departing from the conventional single-line approach, this method reinforces the concept that punctuation should reside at the conclusion of a complete thought rather than simply at the end of a line.
Rooted in Research-Backed Strategies
The Reimagine Writing program utilizes strategies proven by research including:
- Process-First Instruction Creating Independent Writers By Utilizing Teacher-Created Writing Goals
- Motivating + Engaging Reluctant Writers Motivating Writers By Utilizing Choice and Authentic Writing Assignments
- Improving Quality of Writing Through Study
- Grammar + Syntactic Awareness
- Mastering Writing Instruction
- Data-Driven Writing Instruction + Consistent Feedback Effective feedback
What’s teachers are saying...
“Turned this teacher who dreaded writing, to a lover of writing!”
This is my 8th year teaching, and up until this year I have dreaded teaching writing to my students. After learning about LaNesha Tabb’s writing program and then further implementing it, I have watched my students writing transform! What I love the most about her process is the consistency piece of it, and how it truly can be used vertically among grade levels! She has turned this teacher who dreaded writing, to a lover of writing!
“Writing is one of our favorite times in the classroom...”
I have used ALL of your writing program and not only do I love them but they help my kids become successful writers. Writing is one of our favorite times in the classroom & the kids are so focused and engaged because they have the tools and confidence they need. I especially love all the resources & videos included for teachers & students plus learning how to create their “grammar ears”.
—Jamecia Raleigh, Kindergarten Dual Immersion Teacher
“My students have significantly enhanced their ability to write across genres...”
LaNesha’s Reimagine Writing program and her writing hub have completely transformed the way I approach building my writing block! I utilize her resources from the HUB every single day, and my students absolutely love them! Through daily drills in both editing and syntax, my students have significantly enhanced their ability to write across genres, and most importantly, they now find joy in writing.
Ready? Let's get started!
for SCHOOLS & DISTRICTS:
We accept both credit card payment and purchase orders for individual schools and district-wide licensing.